Macintosh 10.15.1 Catalina Problem

Issues related to the installation of Pmetrics and getting it to run on your system.
pharmpk

Macintosh 10.15.1 Catalina Problem

Post by pharmpk » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:22 pm

Hi

I started up R-Studio/PMetrics this morning after a little while using it and got a message

“Pmetrics.so” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.

Could this be due to Catalina's new security requirements?

---

Message in R Studio Console

Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘Pmetrics’ in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...):
unable to load shared object '/Users/dbourne/Library/R/3.5/library/Pmetrics/libs/Pmetrics.so':
dlopen(/Users/dbourne/Library/R/3.5/library/Pmetrics/libs/Pmetrics.so, 6): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Users/dbourne/Library/R/3.5/library/Pmetrics/libs/Pmetrics.so: code signature in (/Users/dbourne/Library/R/3.5/library/Pmetrics/libs/Pmetrics.so) not valid for use in process using Library Validation: library load disallowed by system policy

---

Pmetrics.so is described as Kind : WineLib
Looks like it is a shared library file

---

Does this now need a certificate?

Thanks, David

PS, or have I just broken the 'system'? ;-)

mneely
Site Admin

Re: Macintosh 10.15.1 Catalina Problem

Post by mneely » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:03 am

Nothing in Catalina a priori breaks the installation, as I’m running it on Catalina myself. I don’t recall seeing that error message at any time after I upgraded to Catalina.

Perhaps rebuilding your installation will help this?

1) I have discovered that you can have command line tools without the huge Xcode package. Delete Xcode from applications, and then to be sure, open a Terminal window and type this command: xcode-select --install. That will prompt you to install just command line tools if they aren’t already.

2) Be sure you are running the latest Pmetrics (1.5.2). Email me if you need it.

3) Re-run PMbuild after installing Pmetrics.

pharmpk

Re: Macintosh 10.15.1 Catalina Problem

Post by pharmpk » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:58 am

Mac Catalina 10.15.2 seems to have helped with one problem. That is, the security issue. Now in System Preferences / Security & Privacy / General it is possible to allow Pmetrics.so without it being signed. In 10.15.1 this allowance seemed to be ignored. I had another problem before resolution but it might be because of the previous Pmetrics installations. (Copying some lies/folders in the Library folder helped) Thanks, Michael.