PMetrics on Catalina

Issues related to the installation of Pmetrics and getting it to run on your system.
markushovd

PMetrics on Catalina

Post by markushovd » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:06 am

Hi,

Upon trying to install Pmetrics on Mac (Catalina) in a fresh R-environment, I get the following message in Rstudio after installing R:

Code: Select all

> library(Pmetrics)
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘Pmetrics’ in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...):
 unable to load shared object '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library/Pmetrics/libs/Pmetrics.so':
  dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library/Pmetrics/libs/Pmetrics.so, 6): Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.1/Resources/lib/libR.dylib
  Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library/Pmetrics/libs/Pmetrics.so
  Reason: image not found
However, I am able to run PMetrics in the Terminal.

The output of Sys.getenv("PATH") is the same in both instances.
I have attempted to install PMetrics both from url and locally, to no avail. Is this a known error?

A colleague of mine is experiencing the same error following upgrade to Catalina.

markushovd

Re: PMetrics on Catalina

Post by markushovd » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:33 am

This issue was resolved by copying the folder .../Versions/3.6/ and renaming it to 3.1. However, I'm unsure if this could cause problems down the line with other packages, but it seems to work for now.

mneely
Site Admin

Re: PMetrics on Catalina

Post by mneely » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:36 am

This is a permissions issue on Catalina and we are working on a permanent fix. In the meantime, please open a Terminal in your computer (Launchpad -> Other -> Terminal) and run the following command. You can copy this text and paste it into Terminal.

install_name_tool -change /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.1/Resources/lib/libR.dylib /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/lib/libR.dylib /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library/Pmetrics/libs/Pmetrics.So