Seamless link between Pmetrics and Best Dose similar to link between NPrun/ITrun and SIMrun

What would you like Pmetrics to do in the future?
tbouillon

Seamless link between Pmetrics and Best Dose similar to link between NPrun/ITrun and SIMrun

Post by tbouillon » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:42 am

Dear Michael et al.
I understand that there are reasons for not having anybody build his own "cartridges" for Best Dose.
However, having just looked at different software packages, it occurred to me that being able to generate a cartridge and go into dose finding immediately after a Pmetrics run would truly set apart your program from everything else out there.
You know how dose finding is usually done, a heuristic exercise comparing a prespecified target with the outcome from several simulations, until the agreement is "close enough for government". That's easily possible with NPrun/ITrun followed by SIMrun. You offered PTA on top to make dose finding even easier.

Your approach, however, also provides THE best dose based on the so called multiple model optimization. Best Dose is currently geared towards TDM, but could easily be generalized for dose finding for populations, which is identical to dose finding prior to having obtained individual concentrations in the clinical setting. Since both Pmetrics and Best Dose are now available in R, it would be highly intriguing to have a (semi)automated procedure, which links the information regarding support points to the dose finding algorithm, similar to SIMrun accepting the output from PMfinal.

Again, I completely understand that commercial and liability issues may preclude following up on my suggestion, but I consider it nevertheless worth discussing. After addressing covariate issues with version 1.5, which was an essential step forward, you could now take on the entire spectrum from first dose into man to TDM after having obtained individual concentrations with one software platform and "workflow". This would be unique in the field.

mneely
Site Admin

Re: Seamless link between Pmetrics and Best Dose similar to link between NPrun/ITrun and SIMrun

Post by mneely » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:41 pm

Thanks Thomas. It is entirely conceivable to take your approach for a research grade version of BestDose, i.e. maybe the R package. For any commercial product, we will have to evaluate the legal and liability issues!