PTA

What would you like Pmetrics to do in the future?
andreszuluaga

PTA

Post by andreszuluaga » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:09 pm

Hi Prof. Neely:

I'd like in the next versions of Pmetrics:
1. To make more friendly the "manipulation" and building of graphics generated by the NPAG. Particularly the 3D graphs.
2. To automatize the process to calculate the PTA.
3. Avoid the use of the "launch file" using windows system (simple is better)

Regards

Andres

mneely
Site Admin

Re: PTA

Post by mneely » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:55 pm

Hi Andres,

These are all good suggestions!

1. To make more friendly the "manipulation" and building of graphics generated by the NPAG. Particularly the 3D graphs.

Do you have something specific in mind? Currently there are no 3D graphs in NPAG. What would you like to see?

2. To automatize the process to calculate the PTA.

I assume you meant Percent Target Attainment for PK-PD simulations. This is something I'm working on and should have in the next version. It cannot be fully automated though as the simulation needs to be driven by user-specified parameters.

3. Avoid the use of the "launch file" using windows system (simple is better)

Oh dear, if only I could. This is a problem with Windows. When I have R launch the batch script, the window does not update, so you see a blank window while NPAG/IT2B are running. This gives the impression that the run has crashed and you cannot see where you are in the run. After spending days searching for a solution, I found that the only way to have the DOS window updated with the run information is for the user to manually launch the batch file. This drives me crazy too, and is another reason I'm thankful to be using a Mac, which does update the Unix window just fine when R launches it.

I know you are very good at figuring out ways of optimizing your Windows system for Pmetrics. Perhaps you could figure this one out too! Seriously.